Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 5 of Being the Person-Be Brave



I think I’ve mentioned a few times (here, here, here) how fear can consume me.  Makes me afraid of trying new things, afraid of change, makes me run (not literally…well…maybe literally).

I want to be brave.

Maybe I will never be someone who embraces change with open arms.  Let’s be realistic here.

But I don’t need to hit “panic” once change comes. 

Faith is the cure for fear.

Faith that life will work out.  Whatever comes, good or bad, it will work out.  I may not see it for years.

When I was in survival mode, during my moodiest time, I wanted action right away.

It didn’t happen right away.

And now that I have the gift of time away from that situation, I can look back on it and realize that I needed time.  I wasn’t ready back then for the gifts I have today.  They would have been spoiled by my old perspective.

I had to be brave then.  I had to believe that things would work out. 

A year ago, I had no idea that I would be blessed with the gifts of today.

Tonight my mom and I were talking about change (my parents are visiting-yay!).  And feeling confused about change. 

There’s a song on the radio right now that speaks to this.  It’s also in some commercials.  I thought the lyrics were fitting.  It’s also fitting because this guy was on American Idol, and my mom watches that show.

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear

Sometimes when I feel that confusion, fear seeps in.  Starts as a whisper during the day and by the middle of the night, I’m wide awake, overanalyzing (fancy for worrying).

I want to be brave. 

 

This post is part of my series:

 

To start from the beginning, please visit this page for a full listing.

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kat! I love this post! I can so relate to it!!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Be kind, not judgey