Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 6 of Being the Person-Float On



Life doesn’t go the way I want or think it should all the time.  I know, what a surprise. 

I want to be brave. 

Part of being brave is to keep going.  I don’t want to become paralyzed during those times.

Today, Elwood Wilson had some dental work done.  He wasn’t acting right, so I took him into the veterinarian.  The veterinarian ran some blood work (which came out fine) and then recommended dental work.  Poor cat.  It was a rough day for such a decent cat. 

He seems to be doing much better tonight.  His appetite has finally returned.  I should probably note that this is an older picture of Elwood Wilson.  We wouldn’t make him wear the antennas after having dental work done.

A few years ago, I probably would have lost it knowing that he was going to have so much work done.  The impact on the cat as well as impact on my budget.   Anyone who has taken in a pet for dental work knows that it isn’t cheap.

Today, I rolled with it. 

I heard a song on my way back from the vet (the first trip) that has always inspired me to keep going.  Float On by Modest Mouse.  Particularly the following:

Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands
Good news will work its way to all them plans

And this:

Ok don't worry we'll all float on
Even if things get heavy we'll all float on

 

I want to be someone who keeps going.  Who floats on.  Life is full of change.  Life has pain.  Life has loss.  I must keep going.  I must float on.

 

This post is part of my series:

 

To start from the beginning, please visit this page for a full listing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey