Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 8-Finding Peace



When I was feeling so much unrest over a year ago, my mind couldn’t stop working.  Thinking of all the possibilities.   Overanalyzing (worrying) about everything.

Although my thinking started to change and my life circumstances started to change, my mind was still on overload.  That’s what happens when you work 7 days a week.

The morning of March 11th of this year, I went home after working my last overnight shift.  It felt glorious!

And the morning of March 12th, I didn’t know what to do with myself.

Working so much, I had to keep to a rigid schedule.  At least, I thought I did.  Trying to get housework and errands done in one morning/afternoon a week.

So when I suddenly had time for a life, I thought I needed to fill it up.

I am grateful for friends and family who encouraged me to slow down during this time period.  Being so keyed up, I’m sure I could have found something else exhausting to fill my time.

A voice from within whispered “Be still.”

Those following weeks and months, I learned the importance of recharging.  I learned that it is ok to be still. 

There are days that I will accomplish little or even nothing.  Finding peace is important as a list of completed to-dos. 

 

This post is part of my series:

 

To start from the beginning, please visit this page for a full listing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey