Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 28-Taking Risks



Last week I mentioned that I wanted to go on a longer, challenging run but was stalled by how crummy I felt.  Part of that was fear.

Sheesh.  Common theme here.

It’s ridiculous how much power fear has over me.  I modify runs because I am fearful of getting lost on a trail or going too far until I’m worn out and can’t make it back.  I modify runs because I might have some pain (normal aches) and am fearful of getting injured.

This week, I ran that trail loop.  I ran on a cold, cold morning.  I ran after it had snowed, and the trail was muddy.  I had to stop several times to remove big chunks of mud from my shoes (hopefully mud and not horse poop).  I ran even though I wasn’t sure how to get to the trail that went back to my house.

When I finished, I was numb.  Literally numb, it was cold.  I took a super hot shower. 

I think the run was somewhere around 8 miles based on my time.  I can’t track it because I don’t remember exactly where I ran. 

The distance doesn’t matter.  I felt good exploring the unknown.  I felt good taking a risk.

I’m sure that Sister Runner would approve.

 

This post is part of my series:

 

To start from the beginning, please visit this page for a full listing.

2 comments:

  1. Always remember, it's about the journey.

    Your sister runner approves. Always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the stamp of approval, sister. You are an inspiration to me!!

      Delete

Be kind, not judgey