Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 24-Connection



Have you ever seen the movie, “Field of Dreams?”  If you haven’t, well, I don’t know what to say.  I won’t judge you, but clearly you aren’t a fan of baseball…or America.  Ok, that last statement was a little judgey. 

There’s this quote in the movie where one character (Dr. Graham) is explaining to another character (Ray) why he gave up on a career in baseball and returned to his small hometown in Minnesota.

“This is my most special place in all the world, Ray. Once a place touches you like this,

the wind never blows so cold again. You feel for it, like it was your child.”

 

Have you ever felt this way about a place?  So connected?  Maybe there are a few places that touch your soul like this. 

I definitely have a few happy places (as I call them).  Places where I can go that bring me great joy.  Sometimes I can’t explain why, but I feel a connection with the place.

I also have my peace place inside my house.  A place where I can go to get away…to retreat.

When I feel a connection with a place, it brings me peace.  It helps me to relax.  To breathe.  Sometimes I forget to breathe.  I forget to take a deep breath and feel connected.

Today my dad sent me some pictures for my blog.  I’m pretty impressed that he knew how to do this.  He sent me pictures from one of those places I feel connection with.  A place of retreat.

Today, I needed to see those.  So tonight, as I sit here, I am taking a deep breath.  And even though that place is far away, I am feeling connected.

 

This post is part of my series:

 

To start from the beginning, please visit this page for a full listing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey