Monday, October 6, 2014

Standing Still



 
When Billy and I were looking for a house, I was hesitant about searching in the area we are now living in.  The commute was a bit longer than I wanted.
That long journey of looking for a house made us rethink things, so we expanded our search to this area.  The next day we found our house.

And while I do love the actual house, it’s more than a house for me.
It’s this area.  It’s so peaceful.

And yes, the commute is still a bit longer than I would like.  But I follow the foothills the entire way.  Can’t complain about that view.
The extra time in the car has been good lately.  Lots of time to think about life. 

I feel incredibly blessed.  My daily needs of shelter are met in this lovely home.
More importantly, l found my peace place.  A place where I can take a deep breath and exhale a sigh of relief.

There's a place up on the mountainside
Where the world is standing still
I hope for this for others. 

To find that place of belonging. 
To find that place where your soul can rest.


This post is part of my 31 Day series.  To start from the beginning, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey