Sunday, October 12, 2014

Slowing Down


 
Being a parent is often full of moments of busyness.  Laundry, cooking, cleaning, school activities, homework, etc.
Sometimes it doesn’t feel like I am really parenting.  It just feels like I am making sure the wheel keeps going around.  Keeping everyone alive and clean.

We’ve had some special moments lately.  Relaxing in the backyard.  Hanging out with each other.  Enjoying each other as a family.
Simply being and not doing.

These moments give my soul some rest.  Help take my mind off of so many changes that have happened.
These are the moments where I am living.

I am not working to check off a to-do list.  I am not planning my agenda.
For a moment, I am present.


This post is part of my 31 Day series.  To start from the beginning, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey