Sunday, October 5, 2014

Another Story


The new normal.

I’m beginning to hate that phrase.

I don’t know what that was to begin with.
Someone who also lost a parent told me, I keep searching for it, and when I think I’ve found it, it’s not really it.  The pain is still there.

It makes me think of these song lyrics:
I'll tell you one thing
We ain't gonna change much
The sun still rises
Even with the pain


I suppose you could think that sounds really depressing, but to me, it’s a reminder that we are still moving forward.  The song continues:
Can we go on, as it once was?

And I guess to answer that question, no, we can’t.
Life is different.

And not only are you left with the loss, but you are changed.  You think about things differently. 
One of the hardest parts is moving past how I thought life would be.  And being ok with moving forward.

Life continues for the rest of us.  And I know that there are lots of good moments to be had.  There already have been.
I know that this hurting heart won’t be forever. 

This hurting heart doesn’t define my life.
The sun still rises.



This post  is part of my 31 Day series.  To start from the beginning, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey