Sunday, October 26, 2014

Honesty


 
Sometimes I wonder how the girls are doing with all the change.
My insightful Lucy has been pretty quiet.  I know that one day, it’s going to all come out.

It’s Katy’s brutal honesty that I think captures what we are all feeling right now.
Last night, we were snuggling in my bed, winding down after a full day of activity.

Katy looked at me and said, “I wish Grandma wasn’t dead.”
Yeah, me too.

I appreciate how she doesn’t sugar coat the raw pain that we are all feeling.  She doesn’t dance around this grief.  She confronts it, head on.
In those moments when I feel I have to be another person, I remember Katy’s strength.

I remember that it’s ok that I’m not ok.


This post is part of my 31 Day series.  To start from the beginning, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey