Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 24-Pajamas


Today was a long day.  And for no particular reason other than it is Wednesday.
After dinner, I put on my pajamas and sat on the couch.  In my quiet living room.

Be there at our homing
I was so grateful to be home.

I was grateful for the rest.
I was grateful for the coffee pajama pants that my mom got for me.  Is it weird that they have caffeine junkie written on them?  Does she think I have a problem?

I was grateful for this time to space out and let my mind reset.
Sometimes when my week feels full (for whatever reasons), my brain needs to slow down. 

I spent a fair amount of time tonight looking for a tutorial for café curtains on the internet.  Why was it so hard to find one?  I decided that I am going to hide the insides of that beat up cabinet with a curtain.  Or at least, that is what is going to happen in my mind.  I’m sure the actual sewing will involve some sort of adventure.
There have been times when I would have felt guilty about how I spent my night.  But not tonight.

Sometimes we need to be without an agenda.  Without a to-do list.
And in our coffee junkie pajamas.


This post is part of the 31 Day series-Mindful Moments.


2 comments:

  1. Yesterday did seem exceptionally long. I was exhausted when I got home. I was so happy to change into my comfy clothes (pajama pants that my mom got me) and relax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms pick out the best pajamas!

    ReplyDelete

Be kind, not judgey