Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 18-Projects



Do you have those moments where life seems to click together?
I was at a staff meeting today when the topic of mindfulness came up.

It seemed like a fitting subject for me considering this month’s topic.
Be there at our labors

Multitasking was brought up, and how it is making us less productive.
Yikes.

I could have used this pep talk earlier today.
I was trying to catch up on paperwork, make phone calls, follow up with folks and work on a powerpoint.  All at the same time.  Guess how productive my day was…

I feel bad for anyone who has had to share an office space with me.  I talk to myself.  Don’t judge.  It helps me concentrate.  Probably because all this multitasking is getting in the way.
I thought about this on my way home because I don’t just multitask at work.  I do it all the time at home.  I’m trying to cook, do laundry, help with homework.  And how productive am I?  I have a load of laundry sitting in the washer that needs to get put in the dryer.  It has been resting for almost an hour.

And how many semi-completed craft projects do I have lying around….actually, let’s not talk about that.
Tonight, I wanted to finish one thing.  I finally sewed a pillowcase for Lucy with the fabric I purchased almost two weeks ago.  Now each of the girls has a Halloween pillowcase.

There’s the saying about taking life one day at a time.
Maybe I need to take life one project at a time.


This post is part of the 31 Day series-Mindful Moments.


1 comment:

Be kind, not judgey