Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 10-Stillness




What a tiring day!  Work-wise, this is one of my shortest days of the week.  It was the to-dos when I got home that were overwhelming.  I spent hours in the kitchen.  Of course, I also had to go to the grocery store because I forgot some items. 
It felt like Thanksgiving in the kitchen.  The never-ending tasks.  Lots of dishes.  I was making dinner for tonight and tomorrow as well as making a breakfast dish to take to work tomorrow.  In hindsight, I should have purchased something.  Oh well.

I felt rushed to get through the kitchen tasks.  At one point, one of the girls asked me why I was in such a hurry.  The reason…one of my coworkers gave me a bag of t-shirts headed for a donation.  I gladly took them off her hands so I could play with my sewing machine.

By the time I sat down to play with those t-shirts, I was wiped.  I did manage to make a few headbands for the girls. 
Now the rush is over.  The things I had to do are done.  The things I wanted to do are done. 

Lord of all calm

Now I need to slow down.
I can’t go into the last moments of the day feeling rushed.

I like to read, I like to stare blankly at the wall, I like to be still.
And as I am gazing into the haze of the computer screen in front of me, I know that the time has come for me to get ready for sleep.

And enjoy the last moments of the day.


This post is part of the 31 Day series-Mindful Moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey