Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 20-Getting Lost


Yesterday was full.
Hunting at the thrift store, grocery shopping, supervising 3rd grade speech writing.

I got an embarrassing amount of fabric to play with at the thrift store.
Last night I stayed up late getting a pattern ready to sew for today.

I stayed up until 11.  You know how I have mentioned that I turned into my dad and go to bed super early?  I didn’t realize it was that late.  I had to make myself go to bed before it got any later.
contentment

As I was getting ready for bed, I realized that I didn’t have moments of reflection today.
I rolled with the day.

I let myself get lost in the moments.
I didn’t try to multitask or accomplish to-dos.  Sure, I had things on the agenda, but there was flexibility.  There was grace.

I’m hopeful for a similar day in today.  Another day to get lost. 
 

This post is part of the 31 Day series-Mindful Moments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey