Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 21-Creating Quiet



Have you ever come to that place living in your home where the furniture has moved full circle through the house?
We have a certain cabinet that came full circle today.  It’s more tattered than when we started out in this house.  The doors are gone (broken long ago by a child).  There is handwriting on the drawer (a combination from both children).

But here it is, back in this room.
I do wish we still had the doors.  It helps to hide the junk…

On Friday, I approached Billy with the idea that we might want to consider shuffling around some of our rooms.  We had one room that was completely unusable because it was so full of stuff.  And the tv in our family room has been driving me crazy.  You can hear it in the whole house.  We have a small house.  I feel like I am constantly yelling, turn it down!
I just wanted to talk about some ideas, I didn’t expect things to get completely shuffled around so quickly.  He came home tonight wanting to move furniture around…because any type of home improvement project should start on Sunday night when someone else is trying to relax after completely screwing up sewing pajama pants…

Oh well.  It’s done.  I’m sitting in the quiet of the family room while Billy watches tv in the basement.  I can hear faint giggles from upstairs from two girls who were too excited about all the changes in their room to go to sleep.
Your peace in our hearts

It was a good day.  Full of reflection.  Full of moments of ideas coming together.  Some ideas that have been on my heart for a while that don’t seem to fit in with this 31 day theme, but are still important.  We will have to wait for those discussions until November, I suppose.
As for tonight, I am going to relax and ease into the week.



This post is part of the 31 Day series-Mindful Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey