Sunday, July 8, 2012

This Week's Doings

I made it, folks.  I’m finally getting some of that rest I’ve been talking about.  Spending time with my family in Illinois.



I planned on cooking for my family (it’s good therapy), so I had to pack a few supplies before I left.  Yes, these were necessary.  I had to justify this to Billy as well when he was loading the car.  Doesn’t everyone pack like this?



The heat has been extreme.  But I’ve toughed it out.  My mom and I have spent the past couple of days in the shade hanging out and sweating.  I suppose we could go inside in the air conditioning, but it is so much prettier outside. 



The girls have found ways to cool off.  And yes, they are wearing swimsuits under those shirts.  I’m ok with being stinky on vacation.  The people around me might not be ok with my stink, but they have been polite enough not to mention it. 

Billy and I decided to go on a run the other night.  Who cares about the heat index, right?  Of course, we felt awful when we were done.  And talk about stinky.

Today we are getting a welcome break from the heat.  My mom and I had coffee and breakfast outside. 



Yes, this is cake.  But it has fruit.  I thought I would also highlight the grandpa coffee mug.  This is a mug from my parents’ large collection of coffee mugs.

Last night we caught up with some old friends (and made a new friend).  I realize this is a bit of a “scary eyes” picture.  Kind of like when you take a picture of pets.

I hope all of you have the gift of old friends.  People who know your history.  People who get you.  People who know you and aren’t judgey.

Billy and I got in the car to head home for the night and it was 2:30 am!  My bedtime is usually somewhere around 8:30 to 9:00 pm, so this was a small miracle.  We had so much fun.  I can’t remember the last time we laughed so much. 

A night out until 2:30 am looks a little different now that we are all older.  Different is good.  Different means no hangovers (at least for me).



Different also means a plate o’ bacon as an appetizer.  Seriously.  This was on the menu.

I hope you had a week filled with family, friends and bacon (or a non-meat of your choosing)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey