Friday, November 22, 2013

Vacation To-Dos


Often I comment on here about the to-dos in life getting the better of me.  And this past week has been full of to-dos.  That’s what happens before vacation time-that pressure to finish projects and get things in order.
As of last night, my vacation time officially started.  And I am so relieved.

I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to do over the next week.  I am such a homebody, and I don’t like to have an agenda on my days off.  Billy is the opposite, and he also has the week off.  This should be an interesting week…
I really wanted to make a list of what would help me relax and recharge and feel ready for the business of helping again. 

Here’s what I have come up with so far.
· Watch Sherlock again.  All six episodes.  It’s been a couple of years.  I feel like I need to prepare for January.

· Watch a Ken Burns documentary…or two.  Last year, The Dust Bowl aired while I was on vacation.  So this year, I was thinking The War and/or Prohibition.  I started watching The War years ago, but never finished it. 
· Sew.  Sew like crazy. Finish some projects.  Make a project for myself!

· While I am at it, finish my unfinished craft projects.  This includes both sewing and non-sewing ones.
· Clean my craft cabinet.  Actually, I did that earlier today.  But I like putting things on a to-do list that I have already done.  It makes me feel good.  Seriously, the craft cabinet was a mess…again.  The whole laundry room area is a mess but now it’s limited to Billy’s stuff.  And as long as it’s not mine, I’m not bothered by it.  Shutting the door helps.

· Have a pajama day.  No errands.  No running.  Laziness.  Of course, there will be cooking because we need to eat.
· Drink coffee in the middle of the day.  Three cups is one too many in the morning.  But an afternoon cup (or two), that feels right for vacation.

· Cook.  Make some new recipes.  Eat some old favorites.  Mom and Dad, those cinnamon rolls will be happening.
· Run.  To justify the eating.  As Sister Runner says, anything goes after a long run.  I’m going to make it count.

· Have fun with the people around me.  Poor Katy has been fighting a cold since last weekend.  We are all still excited about having a week off together, even if it means jammies every day and watching tv under blankets.
· Relax.  I’m not sure that needed a separate line item, but I am kind of feeling itchy with such a long to-do list for a vacation.  I need to remember that this is supposed to be relaxing.  It’s ok for the to-do list to get thrown out the window.

And there we have it.  That seems like a good start to a week of rejuvenation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey