Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cookie Days



This picture is how I have been feeling lately (with the exception of the scary pet eyes).  We are in one of those busy seasons around here.  I blame Girl Scout cookies.  I didn’t know it was possible to have dreams about cookies until last week-I forgot to pick up the cookies, I forgot to meet the troop for a group sale, etc, etc.  I had no idea this process could get so complicated. 

And having tons of boxes in the house, well, that’s not good for us.  I told you that Billy and I have no self-control when it comes to sweets, right?  Just when I think everything has been sold, more orders come in or Lucy tells me that she wants to sell more (both are good things, of course).  Apparently, putting a dollar store stuffed animal as a prize for cookie selling is a good motivator.  Lucy really wants that dog.  Let’s forget about the closet full of neglected stuffed animals.

I’m grateful for the beautiful weather we have had (and are scheduled to have) on the weekends.  It makes hours of cookie selling easier for the girls.

I’m also grateful for Billy picking up some of the slack.  After hours of cookie selling on Sunday, he put together dinner for us. 

And I’m also grateful that like most busy seasons, this is only temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey