Friday, January 11, 2013

A Look at 2013


This year, I can’t seem to fit my goals into a structured format.  The idea of “I will do this, and that, and the other” doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I took some time exploring that concept of awake and what that means for me.  When it comes time to reflect on 2013, what do I need to see in my life to feel that I was awake this year?  Feel that I was more aware of the people and life around me.

Different ideas started to form.  Ideas that I felt that if nurtured, would lead me/result in me being more awake.  More present.

Here they are:

Simplicity.  Finding peace in the everyday routine and the doings of life.

Health.  Fine tuning fitness, food and my mental well-being.

Creativity.  Exploring new creative outlets while reconnecting with my favorites.

Relationships.  Being present and encouraging others.

I realize these seem a bit vague.  I started to elaborate and realized that each area was probably its own post, so I will have to follow up with those thoughts.

Although, looking at what I have written, I love the simplicity of it.  I love allowing the room for flexibility and new interpretation.  And I also love allowing the room for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey