Saturday, April 26, 2014

Blue Skies



My head has been cloudy.
My head has been cloudy for a while now.

I think I mentioned a couple of months ago that we were still in the middle of change.  It’s still happening. 
And the thing about change is that it doesn’t stick to just one area, does it?  It spreads all over every area of life.

Some change is tolerable.  And new opportunities present themselves.
Some change causes discomfort.  But you know that it’s temporary.

And some change causes fear.  Because you have no idea what will happen.
I often hold back from posting my inconveniences because I don’t want to complain.  I don’t want to throw out that negativity.

Silence doesn’t help. 
Silence is isolating.

Keeping your burdens to yourself is lonely.
We need people to connect with.

And we need faith.

“Blue skies are coming, but I know that it’s hard”

It’s not easy to let go and believe.  Hope is hard.
But what is reality?  Reality is we have no control.

We come up with plans and dreams. Maybe those plans and dreams don’t happen the way we thought.  Maybe they take longer than we thought.  Maybe they never happen.
So what does faith tell us?

Believe.
When things aren’t going the way I thought, I think back to survival mode.  I remind myself of that time for a few reasons.  Sometimes life can look even better than the dreams we had in mind, and waiting is part of the process.

Here’s the main reason: challenging times are part of life.  They are often unexpected.  They are harder than we could ever imagine.
But there is always hope.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post. It's very lovely in its honesty. Holding on to hope with you.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind, not judgey