Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 29-Truth

 

Ever have a case of the Mondays?  I have, that’s for sure.
Today was different.  Today I was happy to face the day.  I was happy to face a Monday.  

no cares could destroy
Apparently, I was the only one.

When I walked into my office area at work (it’s a cave-like office filled with cubes), my coworkers were not having such a glorious morning.
The work was wearing on them.

Oh, I’ve been there.  As recently as Friday.
This business of helping gets a little too close sometimes, wears on the heart too much.

I think I asked, how are you taking care of yourself, multiple times.  Because social workers love to be social worked by other social workers.  No, not really.  But sometimes, we need to call each other out.
We need to remind ourselves of our truths.

When the work gets hard, there are some things that I need to remind myself of-my truths.  Those constants in life that don’t change, regardless of what happens during the day.  I am a good person.  I care about people.  I am not here to fix or save anyone.  Perfection does not exist.  Sometimes, I will only get to share a moment of someone’s journey, and that is ok.  Simply being present with someone during their struggle is important.  I get to go home to a family that loves me.  I am enough.
We all have to find our truths. 

They keep us going in those hard moments. 
They provide the light for the dark moments.

They remind us that we are already enough.


This post is part of the 31 Day series-Mindful Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, not judgey